Online Reservation Terms and Conditions
The Online Reservation Terms and Conditions below are applicable as of April 14th, 2017.
We ask you to read our Online Reservation Terms and Conditions as you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood these as a part of our Terms and Conditions before your booking can be confirmed.
Following these guidelines will help you to: (i)understand what you can expect from us during the booking process; (ii) get key information on reservations; (iii)understand what we need from you to complete your reservation successfully.
1. Online Booking Process
The following are the main steps to making an online reservation:
(i) Step One: Vehicle Selection
Use the various methods for choosing the preferred rental vehicle, pick-up date and time, and return date and time.
(ii) Step Two: Confirmation of Price, and Selection of Extras
Based on the criteria you provide, North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. will give you a quote for the expected cost of the rental vehicle and duration of rental specified. You will then be allowed to choose any ‘Extras’ that are to be included, and given a quote.
‘Extras’ is defined as: – any optional item added to your reservation, including extra mileage, coverage options, E-ZPass Transponders, etc. All ‘extras’ are subject to confirmation on checkout, and may be removed at no charge up until the signing of the rental agreement.
(iii) Step Three: Entering Renter Information
You must provide the name of the Renter, which must match the name on the Credit Card that will be presented at checkout, the Renter’s date of birth, as well as valid phone and email to confirm. It is optional to include your address, which will help to expedite checkout. An ‘Additional Info’ option will be there to include any special requirements that the Renter may have, or the destination for us to confirm the mileage will be sufficient.
(iv) Step Four: Confirmation
Once you have completed your reservation, you will be required to click on the “Submit” button to temporarily confirm the reservation. All reservations are subject to confirmation that the Renter meets all criteria for auto rental, including, but not limited to, age, valid payment options, and that the Renter has not previously been barred from Rental for any reason.
You will be required to accept, and offered a link to read, these Terms & Conditions.
(v) Step Five: Email Confirmation
Upon completion of the Online Reservation, an initial email confirmation will be sent to the email address provided. A further confirmation may be forthcoming if information is missing, if there is a problem with the Online Reservation, the Renter does not qualify or has been barred from renting, or other conflicts that may be outside of North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc.’s control, such as a rental vehicle being rendered unusable, closure due to state, or government-mandated requirement, or any other situation that is not under our direct control.
The initial confirmation will include the details of the reservation provided, as well as your reservation number, which may be used to change, cancel, or inquire about the reservation either online, via telephone, or in person.
(vi) Step Six: Final Confirmation
North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. will send you a final confirmation if any further information was required to complete the reservation. If you have not heard from us within (4) business hours, your reservation may be considered confirmed barring any unforeseeable circumstances.
2. Booking Confirmation Email
At the end of the booking process you will be taken to the “Reservation Confirmation” page; the reservation number will be highlighted. You will also receive a booking confirmation email containing the full details of your booking. You are not required to bring this confirmation with you at checkout, however we do recommend keeping this email for your records, and to make changes online using your Reservation Number.
3. Reservation Details
Reservation Departure Date:
We can accept online reservations for the next day or later only. Same-day reservations are welcome by telephone, or a request may be sent directly by email. Online reservations may be made up to one (1) year in advance. Any reservations for more than one (1) year from the date they are made are subject to rate changes at North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc.’s discretion.
Minimum Rental Period:
The minimum rental period is one (1) day. One (1) day is interpreted as a period of twenty-four (24) hours from the time the vehicle is checked out. Vehicle collection and return is included within this 24 hour period. Rentals of less than twenty-four (24) hours will be charged a full day’s rate. Certain vouchers and promotional rates need a specific minimum to qualify. Please consult the terms and conditions mentioned on your voucher if applicable.
Maximum Rental Duration:
We can accept bookings for maximum rental period of twenty-eight (28) days. A second reservation may be made for the return day and time, however the rental vehicle will have to be returned in-person and a new contract begun, including a new pre-payment and deposit. This means you may have two security deposits held for up to two (2) business days typically. (Debit cards, if allowed or used, may take up to fourteen (14) business days at your issuer’s discretion.)
Your North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. rental quote takes into account all mandatory daily charges corresponding to your booking criteria.
This quote generally includes the following items:
- Sales Tax (Local/State/Required – Currently only State at the time of this publishing.)
- All vehicles show the included daily mileage, and note the additional rate for over-miles.
- Over-miles: Extra miles are billed per mile for all miles beyond the included total mileage. Included mileage is calculated on an accumulated basis, (for example, 100/day for six (6) days is 600 included.)
- Additional Mileage is available upon request for discounted rates when pre-purchased. Pre-purchased mileage is non-refundable.
- All vehicles show the included daily mileage, and note the additional rate for over-miles.
- Under-age Drivers:
- All drivers must be 21 years of age or older to drive.
- Drivers 21 to 24 years of age are charged an extra per day fee to the rental rate. Our online system does not add this charge automatically, however it will be added at checkout even if you do not select it in the Extra options.
- Additional Drivers:
- Spouses and significant others are excepted.
- All other drivers must have a valid license present at the time of rental. Email/Fax copies may be substituted at North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc.’s discretion.
- Drivers between 21 and 24 are subject to the under-age fee and the additional driver fee.
- Additional Coverage Options:
- Collision Damage Waiver:
- For an extra charge, North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. provides coverage for damage to our rental cars reducing responsibility for damage to the Renter to a pre-arranged dollar amount as long as there is no violation in the full Terms & Conditions, or applicable laws. This coverage is not an insurance. For passenger autos up to seven (7) passengers, Massachusetts residents that carry full Collision coverage and Comprehensive Coverage on an automobile policy will have their coverage follow them automatically to the rented Vehicle in most cases. North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. always recommends confirming your coverage options before coming in so that you may make an informed decision about coverage choice.
- Some examples of when your coverage may not automatically carry over from an auto policy or credit card include: when you are renting a large vehicle; your auto policy has a single car that will also be driven during the rental period by anyone else; you are traveling outside of the United States; or when you are only a listed driver and all vehicles with coverage are being driven during the rental period. Please confirm your coverage before rental pick-up to make the best decision.
- Credit Card Coverage Notices:
- Always confirm your card benefits and coverage prior to rental. Many card benefits restrict on factors including term of rental, payment, deposit, rental from the same, or nearby locations within a specific time period, etc. (An example, if you are renting a car using credit card benefits to cover the vehicle for damage, you may be restricted from using this coverage again from a location within a specific distance. Card benefits are not an insurance, and are often restricted to prevent being used as such.)
- Credit Card Benefits often require full payment of the deposit, rental, and damages in full on the card to qualify. Be sure you have sufficient credit available to cover you for all incidence(s).
- Personal Accident Coverage:
- For an additional fee, North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. offers protection for Personal Injury, Ambulance Ride, and Accidental Death in specific amounts for the Renter, and Passengers for injuries obtained during an accident in the rental, while entering, or exiting the rented vehicle. (Additional Terms and Conditions from the Coverage Provider apply.)
- Coverage Amounts, exclusions, and terms are available upon request.
- Collision Damage Waiver:
- Tolls are the responsibility of the Renter. All tolls billed to us are subject to a fee of $3.95 per toll day up to five (5) per week, or $19.75 per week.
- The Fees may be avoided in out of state trips by using the cash option when available, or by bringing your own transponder and registering our rental with your account. If you fail to register our vehicle, the locality may bill us directly, or fine you, which is beyond our control, and you will be subject to the processing fees.
- Within Massachusetts you may use your own E-ZPass transponder in any of our rentals to avoid us being billed. Please remember to remove your transponder when you leave.
- Optional Equipment: Please see our Equipment section.
- After-Hours Drop is available. All rentals bill through the next business day, including Saturdays, so drops on Saturday are billed through Monday, or through Tuesday if we are closed for a Holiday.
- All Rental vehicles are provided with a full tank of fuel, and are expected to be returned full. If a vehicle is returned less than provided, a surcharge rate is charged as noted on the rental agreement.
- Damages and Theft: If our CDW is accepted, you are responsible for up to the maximum responsibility as agreed to, otherwise up to the value of the vehicle.
- Smoking of any substance is not allowed in any rental vehicle. Due to the nature of smoke damage, a fee may be accessed for any vehicles in which smoking occurs during the rental.
5. Payment / Means of Payment / Deposit Terms and Conditions
A. Online Payment Options
“Pay on Checkout” means that your full pre-payment plus deposit will be required at checkout, or a deposit up to the equivalent amount that will be used for payment upon return. (For example, if your rental will be $37.13 + $300 deposit, we may only take the $300 deposit and settle for the rental amount on return.)
B. Means of Payment at Checkout
Payments can me made using the following means of payment:
Credit & Debit Card(s): We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for payment. The security deposit on all passenger autos, including cars, SUVs, Minivans, Passenger Vans, and Pick-up Trucks need a Credit Card. (A ‘Credit Card’ is a card issued by a credit bank with a credit limit using your credit history to authorize a line of credit.)
– Debit card(s): Debit card(s) must carry a Visa or MasterCard logo and be associated with a Bank Account. Debit cards may not be used for Security Deposits on passenger autos except at the discretion of North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc., and with proof of full Collision and Comprehensive coverage on an automobile insurance policy on which you are a listed driver. Debit cards may be used for all forms of payment for any service. (Use of a card other than your Credit Card for payment on a Rental may nullify coverage offered by the card issuer. Be sure to check with your issuer customer service before rental to make sure you meet all criteria.)
Cash/Check: Payments in cash or by check are accepted for pre-payment only. All check payments need at least five (5) business days to clear, and must clear before the return of the rental to be considered paid in full.
C. Deposit – Transaction Authorization
At time of “Check-out”:
At time of “Check-out”, in addition to the price of your rental, You will be asked to leave a deposit. The amount of the deposit will be included in the Reservation, before the finalization of your booking, restated in your booking confirmation email and on the Rental Agreement that You will receive at the rental station at time of check-out. The deposit takes the form of an electronic pre-authorization taken on Your credit card (the “Deposit”).
This Deposit allows North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. to secure the final transaction amount as North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. will receive the protection of an authorization before the start of the rental period.
Please note: The amount of the Deposit stays valid for the length of the rental agreement period. For rental agreements longer than twenty-eight (28) days, a new authorization for each additional period of rental will be requested by North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. on the card provided for that purpose. All cards are required to be presented at check-out, and to match the name of the person to whom the vehicle is being Rented. For more information, please see our FAQ.
During the Rental Period / Extensions:
If the Renter requests to extend the rental, additional deposits may be requested to cover the additional costs of the rental for the requested duration. Only cards that have been authorized in person may be used to extend a rental.
At time of “Check-in”:
If the final charged amount for the car rental services rendered is below the Deposit amount at time of “check-in”, the authorization should clear from your account within two (2) business days at the discretion of the card issuer bank.
6. Rental Qualifications: Documentation & Age Limit
We require a valid US, its territories, or Canadian license to rent or drive our vehicles. The minimum allowed age is 21 to rent or drive. Drivers under 25 may be subject to additional fees.
“International Licenses” are not accepted. We cannot rent for the purpose of a driving test.
For important information about driving licenses and other requested documents, please refer to our FAQ.
7. Changes to Reservation: Modification/Cancellation Policy
You can view, change or cancel your reservation online after it is confirmed up to the reserved checkout time. You may also call, or directly email us to change, or cancel your reservation. There is no charge for this service, however we ask that you please allow at least two (2) business days for courtesy.
8. Guaranteed Reservation Policy
North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. guarantees a vehicle of at least the class reserved, at the day and time reserved, except where forces outside of our control, such as weather, damage to a vehicle intended for your reservation, or closure due to unforeseen circumstances up to at least two (2) hours after the scheduled pick-up time.
If you have not communicated your intent to change your pick-up to, North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. reserves the right to release your reservation to ‘No Show’ status if we are unable to contact you, meaning that your reserved vehicle may be released to another party. This can be avoided if you are running late by simply calling us to let us know.
9. Equipment Rental
We offer some optional equipment for rental. All equipment must be returned in the same condition it was rented or it may be subject to a repair, or replacement fee. “Lost” or “stolen” items are not exempted.
E-ZPass Transponders are the property of E-ZPass Massachusetts, and subject to their replacement fees if lost or stolen.
E-ZPass rentals are subject to the following fee schedule:
$3.95 per day up to $19.75 per week plus accrued tolls as billed. Toll rates are set by the state or locality where incurred and beyond the control of North Amherst Auto Rental, Inc. Renter’s provided card for deposit, or payment, will be charged as these tolls are incurred, plus any applicable fees if applicable.
10. Full Terms and Conditions
All Reservations, whether booked online, or by telephone, are subject to the full Terms and Conditions as laid out on the reverse of your Rental Agreement paperwork. These full Terms and Conditions are available in advance upon request.
12. Request for Information or Queries
If you need more information on your reservation, you may contact us directly, inquire by email, or via our online reservation interface.
You can also contact us, by clicking here.
Thank you for choosing to rent locally!