We’re closed today, Monday October 12th, feel free to text us for advice at 413-549-2880.
We will be CLOSED on Monday, October 12th in observance of Columbus Day!
We are OPEN
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy.
As an essential business, North Amherst Motors will be here to support you during these unsettling times.
Our staff is available via text or call at 413-549-2880 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The office hours will remain the same Mon – Fri 7:30 – 5pm • Sat 8am – 12pm
Our number one concern is the safety of our customers and staff.
For that reason we have increased our cleaning and disinfecting procedures in both our shop and vehicles.
We offer local drop off and pick up for all our customers.
If you have an questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Stay well and thank you for being a North Amherst Motors customer.
All Boxes and Tape 25% off!
Need boxes? We have them and they are on sale! Come in today and get 25% off of boxes and tape to help you in your move, or to store your summer items for the winter.
Check out our inventory below:
- Small (Book – 16″x12″x12″) –
- Medium (18″x18″x16″) –
- Large (24″x18″x18″) –
- X-Large (23″x20″x23″) –
- Wardrobe (43″x24″x21″) –
- Packing Tape –
The sale is while supplies last, so stop in today and get everything you need!
Time to get your car moving again
We made it! If your car lives outside it may need some TLC. That is why we are here!
Now that the snow has come and gone we need to get moving again. And now it's time to get everything in order for the week. We are here today to help with your oil changes, battery issues, tire pressure lights, and any other mechanical issues that may have surfaced.
Need a rental while we work on your car? We discount rentals when you combine your services, so take advantage and book one with your appointment!
As always, we are also here to help with your car accidents, snow bank issues, plow truck mishaps, and anything else that may have damaged your car!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Be Safe in the Snow
For many of us winter driving is part of our learning experience. For some that come from areas without snow, or who have grown up with smaller winter storms it can be stressful.
Safe-driving and winter tips are always welcome, even to us pros. Here are a few to help you through:
- Regular washer fluid is helpful, but the best option is to use De-Icer for the winter months. This will help to keep your windshield clear. It can be used alone, mixed with your current fluid, or bought as a 2-in-1 solution with most name brands.
- When first clearing off your car be sure to run your defroster long enough to soften the ice. Using your wipers right away, or lifting them to clean under them can tear them. Some people choose to leave them standing away from the glass to avoid damage.
- When cleaning off your car be sure to clear head lights, tail lights, back-up cameras, and parking sensors around the vehicle to keep them working properly.
- Once travelling, use extra caution on bridges, over-passes, and roads that are used less. Bridges and over-passes may freeze again quickly, and less-traveled roads are often untreated.
- Allow extra distance for braking, including between yours and the cars in front of you. Ice and snow can make even 4-wheel and all-wheel drive vehicles slide.
- Do not use cruise control as it can make it more difficult to feel loss of control and cause more dangerous situations when slippery.
Some other tips for general winter safety include:
- Emergency Kits: a small bag or sealed container with a blanket, water, protein bars, first-aid kits, flashlights, and hand-warmers can help in any situation where emergency services are not readily available. An old cell phone can also be kept charged in the car as it can dial 9-1-1 even without an active service plan as long as a signal is available.
- Winter Tool Box: keep a collapsible shovel, ice scraper, and a couple of 4 x 4 boards to use under your tires in emergencies. This can be very helpful if your normal winter tools break, or become lost.
And finally, the rear-wheel drive trick. As rear-while drive cars become less common, people do not always know that extra weight helps make driving in the snow easier. Since your wheels do not have the weight of the engine as front-wheel-drive cars do, adding heavy bags of sand or large stones to your trunk can help provide traction.
Have your own tips and tricks? Comment below to share them!
Let us give thanks!
Thanksgiving is a time to look at the year and be thankful for the wonderful things that have come. A time of reflection and hope to help get us through the winter and begin the new year with a positive feeling. For us, giving thanks means providing our great customers with deals on rentals.
Many people spend this time with their family or friends, which can often mean traveling home. In order to help you get home without breaking the bank, we are glad to offer great deals on our rental cars. From Friday, November 16th until Monday, November 26th take advantage of great daily rate discounts!
You can book online to save the most, or give us a call to take advantage of our already great deals, including special Holiday Packages that cover Wednesday, November 21st to Monday, November 26th.
Let us help you get home safely and comfortably so you can enjoy the holiday even more.
We plan to spend Thursday, November 22nd with our families and will be closed. We also plan to close early on Friday, November 23rd at 12pm Noon.
Book Now or get a Quote!
Use the form below to find the best deal for you and make your reservation now!
The Holidays are here!
Everyone's favorite way to keep the winter gloom away is by celebrating with bright colors and plenty of food!
Here are the days we plan to celebrate with you:
Wednesday, October 31st - Halloween: Open 7:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday, November 22nd - Thanksgiving: Closed
Friday, November 23rd - Black Friday: 7:30am - 12:00pm
Saturday, November 24th: Open 8:00am - 12:00pm
Monday, December 24th - Christmas Eve: Closed
Tuesday, December 25th - Christmas Day: Closed
Monday, December 31st - New Years Eve: Open 7:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday, January 1st - New Years Day: Closed
Blowing Hot Air?
Now that the hotter days are back, it is the time of year when your air conditioning failing you cannot be less convenient. Getting your car back in working, frigid condition is important to keep you comfortable in your own mobile home-away-from-home.
Refilling your air conditioning system's refrigerant is easy. Our Service Manager Bryon and his team can get your car cold as ice again in no time.
How did this happen?
Air conditioning systems are closed, which means they should not run out of coolant if they are properly maintained. One of the major causes of leaks is a lack of use in the winter months causing seals to dry out and crack.
In order to avoid these potential nightmares, it is better to run your air conditioning system several times during the winter months. Conveniently, the air conditioning compressor runs when the you choose the Defrost setting.
This makes running your car's Defrost cycle important, even if your windows stay clear. This is also true if you mix Defrost with Floor, or Vent, depending on your model's options making it easier to use in your daily winter routine.
I had it recharged, but now it's hot again!
The last time your air conditioning system ran hot it only needed a recharge. We added dye at that time to help find the leaks later, which means your system ran out again just as planned.
The time between when you recharged, and when it runs out can vary. Depending on how bad of a leak it is, it can last you the entire summer without another issue and then blow hot the next year, or happens only a month later.
Once this happens you can come by again and we will be able to find the leak and repair it. Your air conditioning system will need one last recharge before being back in good health.
A leak seems easy, so why should I worry?
Although a leak is the most common symptom of not running your air conditioning system throughout the year, another major issue is possible; your air conditioning compressor itself could fail. This is much more to repair than a leak, so we recommend against it.
I want to get my air conditioning working now!
Great! So do we! Give us a call, or use the form below to get started today!
Call us to schedule now:
Or use the form to send your details and we will let you know when the next appointment is available!